"I am tired" A Poem of Imen Meliti from Tunisia

 


I am tired

I am tired of false persistence, O God..

I was exhausted by overcoming things that were greater than my ability to overcome, and to endure difficult days more than my ability

I was exhausted by the apparent silence and the unrelenting noise of my head.

I'm tired of lying and saying I'm fine while the ruin is in my heart..

I'm tired of supporting those around me while I sway and drown every day in my miseries..

Traumas exhausted me
I feel like I'm about to break down,
you know that I don't have this luxury,
and you know that life pushes me to continue persistence against my will..

I am exhausted by the endless long roads, and the quest,
O God, I strive and run all the time,
I am afraid that in the end I will not reach what I want or discover that I have chosen the wrong path..

I am exhausted by loneliness,
O God, I do not mean that I am in the emptiness
I do not know how to express what is happening inside me,
I do not want to burden anyone with the weight of what I feel.

I was exhausted by stumbles and challenges,
it is true that you are always by my side but I am tired of challenges even if I am victorious,
I want to rest a little oh God, this is what I need most..


Biography

Imen Melliti a great Author of Children literary from tunisia qualified in international relations, belingual translator, published three children books, an academic book for college students and three poetry collections :seasons of sunflower, love of jasmine, White tulip. Member in several international cultural and humanitarian associations, Journalist in e. Newspapers and magazines.





1 σχόλιο: