Poems by PoetessTran Ngoc My (From Vietnam)

 


PoetessTran Ngoc My (From Vietnam)


Her brief biography:

Born: February 18, 1985
Member of Vietnam Writers’ Association
Member of Hai Phong Writers’ Association
Currently living and working in Hai Phong.

Regular cooperation with many newspapers and magazines from central to local levels such as: Military Arts Magazine, Van Nghe Newspaper, People's Army Newspaper, Cua Bien Magazine, Hai Duong Newspaper, Hai Phong Newspaper...

Awards:

Won many prizes on the poetry competition such as Poetry contest 2014 by Hai Phong Writers’ Association; Poetry writing contest for drug prevention by Ministry of Culture, Information and Tourism; 5th Hai-Ku Nhat Viet poetry competition; Land and People of Hai Duong competition organized by the Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Hai Duong...

Books published:

Desire for the love seasons, 2015, Writers' Association publisher
Baby's morning, 2015, Writers' Association publisher
Poem flapping wings, 2017, Writers’ Association publisher
For the beloved flower seasons, 2017, People's Army Publishing House
Sunshine outside the window, 2019, Ho Chi Minh City Culture and Arts Publishing House
Slow motion, 2021, Writers’ Association publisher
Unforgettable days, 2022, Writers’ Association publisher


Her poems:


Only once


I am waking up
You are still sleeping
Strange and familiar face
The hair dotted in wave-end-color
Hanging my thoughts aimlessly
Loving each other faintly by time

Flowers have been purple for several moon seasons
People's hearts are wet, the night dew is wild
What kind of love is forever
Still earnest
Don't you?
I want my heart to be revived

After sleep
Only once
only once
Dear!
Wake up with me
The light seed uncovers the night shell
The morning light overflows the face of the grass

A baby bird brings a dreamy song
Singing what?
Anchoring with the wind
I come to a small table
The room is overwhelmed with the feeling of opening
The first kiss backs to try
How long and how wide is the memory
Only once
Only once
Not the ash of the past
You - the warm sun exists
Shallow me to the fragrant paper.


In spring

the clouds just quietly fly away
white of dreams, a leisure life
whatever is it sad or happy
as if the cold winter days have not passed

brilliant Ochna integerrima tree shows off its sunshine beauty
what to say in front of the immaturity
this morning the bird woke up
the whole sky agitates outside
the familiar scent leads the way to spring

everyone’s hearts wish to be light
desire to purify thoughts
why is a woman's mind always messy like an unfinished teapot?
clumsily can't step herself

fragile hairs are falling
to pull me in front of the mirror
meeting a startled look!


The rain

crossing the doorway a white silk
a garden is bewildered outside
just dipping drop
and the wind blowing
cannot be more lonely

water flowers
opening wave hands
pushing thoughts far away
I suddenly desire the warmth of autumn
your chest is more fragrant than a ripe fruit
if the rain does not confuse the purple wings
the empty room stirs my heart

droplets break like a broken mirror
the leaves eyes are cheerless in the sky
wobbly dry branches

I know, the garden is sadder because of the spaces
the birds are no longer there
like this morning without you
my arms are empty
a familiar cup suddenly tastes bitter
I'm soaked myself with rain coffee.


The message

Another sound
dissolved itself in this light
don't worry too much, too long, right?
don't touch the phone that is broadcasting
a fragrant cup of tea, spicy ginger lips and warm heart
who understands all my heart's circuit

I burn my fingers into firewood
poking to the unfaded pages
the silence is so wonderful
I picked myself up
falling like floating starlight, longing
the need to listen to the sobbing heart

the room suddenly became the most beautiful beach
when the brain is resting
in the unopened message box
full of characters

but don't imagine or worry
nothing important
spring is passing wet days
fostering the laziness around me.


The wings

Maybe from a wild forest
maybe from a deserted shore
I don't know where they come from
and what does that matter?

they keep moving forward in silence
the wings penetrate the clouds
the wings reverse the sunshine
the wings stretch itself
to catch up with the sun in the afternoon

My eyes are engrossed in the birds
they are satisfied on the high and wide space
the wind blows at me with windy thoughts
my parents didn't give me wings
only put in my chest a heart yearning for freedom.


The obsession

In a windstorm, leaves rustle
each root persistently clings to the ground
this morning in the new sunshine
a tree in front of the house unruly rises up
bristling leaves
I suddenly thought, wish that I could revive the youth
as strong as the tree

Around a place I am sitting, the cold wind blows hands
most fearing of cold feelings
each person participates in the life
not just for the body growing up

For a long time, hearing a lie become familiar
it is no longer strange to witness buzzing bees and butterflies
feet like the easy roads
contributing to the world with many unclear shadows

Suddenly scared of laziness around
existing a faded life
no one criticizes or threatens
I still startle, fearing not equal to a tree.



Talking with my father

Through tired days

lost when looking at my face in the mirror

purple lips

listless hair

why is the youth sad

father, I seem to have a lot of things to forget

so the loneliness creeps into stormy eyes

 

The moment is so empty

I wish to be coddled in father's shadow

In father's arms, I feel myself so small

Fading away the sunny life

 

only the door

                        opens up!

the child holds the blue sky, singing freely

flowers bloom beautifully and innocently on the ground

fragrant grass.


I want to go back and pillow the heart by the country riverside

gather together in the evening to listen to father's sing of memory songs

the sound reminds me of the rustling forest

the desire for freedom defeats the long night

 

father's youth passed through worries

                                             depositing so much love

passionately firing hearts

deep in the bottom of father’s eyes, I know!

the tough half-life soldier

                                               never once tired of lamenting

I wish to hold myself in father’s chest

to be a small child

start learning to live, to love

giving without receiving

 

After a series of engrossed days

I practice slowly to mirror at father and thinking…!



Make up in the morning

I sit and make up in the morning
Drawing a peaceful day for yourself
The trees in front of the alley are silent
Only the yellow petals shaked brightly

How many flower seasons have we burned in each other?
Love like in debt in the past life
The sound of birds pours into the morning without hesitation
I mixed into your life inexplicably

The autumn wind sweeps away layers of dust
The sun ripes on the clouds
I sit and refine my foolish heart
It's not easy to resurrect after many days of storms

But
It's not easy to change
Fate matches us together
This life, the next life
Forever hugging
Kisses on the top of endless life
Breaking the fierce, salty waves..

In the morning, sitting and drinking up tatters
Finding the peace where lips setting a fire
The autumn is passionate and clear green in front of the door
Knowing that I love you long lasting.

When got sick
Sunshine was not enough to make me happy
A flock of birds was chirping meaningless songs
When got sick, everywhere were so bad
Blue long days with sadness covered

At that time, just wanted a hug
The lover’s face flowed back to the imagination
My heart was like a deep pit
Huge characters were piled up

When got sick, the sky was in nihility color
Fear of noisy and revealing places
Putting a blanket and falling in deep asleep
Crumpled hair on the messy pillow

I admited that I was fragile, sometimes
Turning into a thin smoke in the middle of a strange city
Looking at the tattered petals, felt so sad
Like a woman's beauty sunk to the bottom of autumn

When got sick, it was easily distracted
Did not think the normal things
Clouds scattered in the rolling sky
The wind gently touching
It was broken into the rain.


Are you sad, mother?

Father was already over there, are you sad, mother?
This year, the wind blows strongly, the field fills with white clouds
Grasshoppers gnaw on bitter grass
Beneath your feet is painfully muddy

Rumpled countryside figure
Are you sad?
The widow’s incense smoke
At the end of the road, your back bends to dry straws in the afternoon
Petals bruises in the waves of time

Sunset eyes imprint with crow's feet
Only the voice of a thousand love conveys fire
Mother said: “Nothing to be sad about?
Short or long, it's human life
Father came over there and smiled peacefully
My days are still warm
The children grow up that are enough to pay for the mother”

You are not sad
You are not sad
White hair in half-head
Trembling in the dark all nights alone
Half laying place is windy
It is so cold when full moon, a thousand dew is broken at night.


Confiding with my mother-in-law

You planted two rows of young areca trees in front of the house
I know the grandma often sitting and chewing betel
The green piper betle shadows the grandma somewhere
But just look, you just keep smiling

The happiness and sadness spread in the life
Deep emotions hid with age
Maybe the husband and children are careless so they can't understand
Or men and women are very different

You and I have the same fate as daughter-in-law
I see I have a part of you
Although you did not give a birth of me,
Although this love is without bloodline
I still believe in the tight thread of fate
Connecting all loves under the roof

I hope you understand me too
Which side inclining must fullfil the relationship
In the house with you
My heart always loves another mother
The emotion of a woman who has crossed the river is like a rustling monsoon
Always in a reverse path, trying to find back under rain and sunshine!...


The lost green space

A saw started
The familiar green dome just disappeared
The broken flower season was rushing back
The story in that day was silent under the shade
Dear tree!
People or tree were difficult breathing, chest tightness
Full of the memory wound

The wheel of life kept going
Grumpy people with busy needs
How to know the gain or loss?
A lonely cloud drifting
The wind swinging the tightly emptyspace

Somewhere lost
The sound of birds chirping in the memory
The trembled grass in the bitter soil
Appearing a house in a deep alley
So sorry for lack of that morningscene

Where can cling
The melted fog was so cold
Can't hide the sadness
The eyes falling in the middle of the world…


Drawing ona stone

The emptiness echoing from the far jungle
The mist at the season end is wet
Rushing to cover the stone
My footsteps
Hanging around there
Where the hill overlaps with white clouds

Where the riverbed is hidden deeply and quietly
Among the loneliness, the mystery and the vastness
I met it and brought it back
Put it on the small table
Every second passing
Pouring on me by a haunting gray
The inside stone is full of
Silent sad pains
Disrepaired ruins
Flying human shadows
I draw on the stone a house and a treetop.


The flooded street

Hai Phong was silent at night
The roadsweresparse, the alleys were empty
Confused the human world during the epidemic
When received a message from Saigon, I feltbadly sad

Wanted to help each other overcoming through the real life
The heartbroken of the opened mountain and windy chest
Obsessed for the poor longing to return to their homeland
Chains of days filled with dense wounds
Forever separation
When can be eased…

Dear my country,
Painful heartbeats
Writing a poem also felt guilty
What can words do for each other?

Coaxed myself to fall asleep quickly
Wanted through the deep night
Tomorrow would touch the dawn and the sunshine would bloom
Waking up in the morning, the sky was pouring water like breaking
Never like ever these days
Oh my city was flooded
The shoes were floating in the narrow alley
To where swimming continuously?

Wanted to send a message of anxiety
The eye canthus filled with cold rain.


A little sunshine

After so many gloomy days
Covered on us the eyes of the sunset
Footsteps wanted to go
With the beats of sobbing hearts

Dear you, a little sunshine
Awaken the whole river strip
The memory becomes a field
Leading our hearts to open…

Counting each wing
Soft white daisies
The brown soil tenderly wrapped around the feet
The scent of herbs washed lips and eyes
The rows of areca trees were as green as the countryside in empty days
The heart was shaky in front of the familiarity

Even though Trang Cat did not date
River wind brought us here
Sit quietly by the sunshine bank
The flowers reminded us of the brighter sky
To forget the gloomy sad yesterday...


The end of a day

In the blink, a day has passed
The flowers in a vase have not yet emitted their fragrance
A visitor just said goodbye
Closing the opposite door silently

What was left in me?
After a noisy and gloomy day
Watched the small fish in the transparent tank
It was struggling to find a way out
Or the tail wondered calmly?

In the blink, a day has passed
The sagging wrinkles fell down
The sadness was suddenly fresh
Was my heart narrow at that time
Or was theopen heart tearful?

The sun condescended to the night
The light in the house had not yet lighted
Intersection moment
Two blurred faces
Dark inside, dim outside

In the blink, a day has passed
It was time my children leave school, my husband was coming home
I hurriedly washed the white rice and cooked the fragrant rice
Daily rotation rotation
People praised that made me happy
People compassionated that I was slippy
In the end, what I thought, that was it!


The last

What age part covered on the cold mother's hair
Can't hide the canthus with many wrinkles
But daughter,
All were settled
Memories made mom's heart growing

Crossed all the gates of time
Stepped on the life of thousand thorns and hardships
Could be able to pillow quietly on the flower carpet this morning
Where the house had no winter

End of the year
The thin petals were cold made people outside camouflaging by clothes
Mom casually watcheddaughter’scracking laughter in the sunshine
Pure like an angel with wings
Clappingmom’s blue sky

Daughter’s skin touched on mom's hand
lullingtenderly the grass
The innocent voice of a baby bird chirping
Dispelled all bitterness
Mom took off the warm heart

Every life train found a platform to stop at
Dreamed of spring with flowers and fruits
Mom knew
Mom’s last station was peaceful end forever
That was her daughter.

(Translated into English by Khanh Phuong)










Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου